Every woman with oily hair considers this a disadvantage and dreams of getting rid of the problem as soon as possible. However, scientists say that such hair is much easier to care for and is protected from environmental influences. In addition, they soothe that this type of hair is easy to treat. Here we’ll discuss about hair care for oily hair in this article.
Causes of Oily Hair
The reasons can be caused by external factors, such as: frequent washing with inappropriate shampoo and hot water, frequent use of a hair dryer, ironing, curling irons, frequent and prolonged combing of the head, unhealthy diet, the environment.
Internal factors are often associated with malfunctioning of internal organs or various diseases. Also, the reasons can be: genetics, puberty, hormonal failure, constant emotional stress, hormone intake.
Basic Rules of Care
1. If possible, abandon the laying technique. If it is not possible, then use cold air.
2. Dye your hair no more than once a month, and use care products for colored hair.
3. Wash your hair, preferably no more than 3 times a week and warm water. Also use products for oily hair. They will reduce the production of sebum.
4. Normalize your diet. Reduce the use of fatty, spicy, salty, sweet foods and give preference to proper nutrition. Fruits, vegetables, herbal teas have a positive effect on hair structure.
5. Frequent change of bed linen. This often applies to pillowcases. Since at night, subcutaneous fat is produced more abundantly and is absorbed into the pillowcase.
6. Quitting bad habits. They have a detrimental effect on the hair and on the body as a whole.
How to Wash Properly?
First you need to wet your hair abundantly. Shampoo should be applied to the palm of your hand in small amounts. Lather and only then apply to the scalp and roots, and wash the ends with the remaining foam. Massage your head. Repeat the procedure 2-3 times, depending on the contamination. Since the sebaceous glands are active at night, wash should be done in the morning. Apply the conditioner only to the ends of the hair, ideally aerosol.
How to Dry and Style Properly?
You should comb from the tips to the roots, gently holding the middle. Iron combs should be abandoned. Touch your head as rarely as possible during the day, if there is a need to put it in order, then use a wooden comb with rare teeth. If possible, give up the hair dryer and styling, but if there is a need to straighten, then straighten not from the very roots. When perming, it is worth choosing more gentle procedures.
Home Remedies for Oily Hair
1. Coffee mask. The coffee grounds are drained and applied to dry hair for half an hour, then the mask can be washed off.
2. A decoction of chamomile. Insist on a decoction of chamomile in hot water. After it has cooled down, you need to rinse clean hair. This procedure should be repeated 2-3 times a week.
3. Henna. Colorless henna does not change hair color, but it has a very good effect on them. It is necessary to dilute the powder with boiling water to a slurry consistency. Wait until it cools down to an acceptable temperature, then apply to the roots with massaging movements. After 15 minutes, the hair should be rinsed with warm water.
As it turned out, it is not so difficult to take care of fat roots, the main thing is to adhere to certain rules and regularity of procedures.