Whole cow’s milk contains 146 calories, 5 gm of saturated fat, and 24 mg of cholesterol in a 1 cup or 8 ounce (oz) serving.
With an elevated blood cholesterol index, it is necessary to strictly monitor what to eat, because a cholesterol diet limits the intake of animal fat.
Milk and products based on it in the diet of every person, and different types of dairy products do not have the same effect on lipid balance.
Natural Milk Composition
Milk contains more than 300 valuable components for the human body. This product is based on water in which these components are dissolved.
The main components of whole milk:
- Protein compounds in the composition of a dairy product are represented by such components – albumin protein, casein compound and globulin protein. These proteins have a complete structure, which is necessary for building cell membranes. These proteins are filled with amino acid complexes that effectively fight the development of systemic atherosclerosis;
- Milk contains useful enzymes and a complex of hormones;
- Milk fat contains more than 20 fatty acids, which are valuable for cell development. Cholesterol in milk is absorbed by the body by 97.0%;
- There are more cholesterol molecules in goat milk than in a cow’s product;
- Carbohydrate dairy compounds are lactose, which is easily absorbed by the digestive tract.
Also, the composition of a dairy cow product contains the following trace elements:
- Iodine molecules;
- Barium and cobalt components;
- Silver and fluorine molecules.
All vitamin and mineral complexes of cow’s milk are associated with protein compounds, which allows them to be fully absorbed by the body.
You may also like - Cholesterol: Symptoms, Causes and Best Methods to Lower Cholesterol Level.
Does Milk Contain Cholesterol?
Milk contains cholesterol molecules, like all animal products. The lipid content in dairy products depends on the percentage of their fat content.
Milk – Cholesterol Content in 100.0 grams (unit milligram)
- Milk with 1.0% Fat – 3.2 mg
- Milk with 2.0% Fat – 10 mg
- Milk with 3.0% – 3.50% Fat – 15 mg
- Milk with 6.0% Fat – 23 mg
- Goat Whole Milk – 30 mg
Having such a rich vitamin and mineral composition, dairy products are very useful for the human body from the first days of life to the very old age.
It is necessary to drink milk in such cases:
During the invasion of infectious agents into the body, to fight them, the body needs the protein immunoglobulin, which is sufficient in milk, therefore, at the first symptoms of a cold, it is necessary to drink warm whole milk.
During migraine headaches and insomnia, a glass of warm milk helps to calm the nervous system, thanks to the sedative properties of amino acids in the product.
In case of hypertensive crisis and arterial hypertension, the dairy product lowers the blood pressure index due to its diuretic properties.
Milk is able to reduce the acidity of gastric juice, which makes it an indispensable healing remedy for gastritis, ulcerative pathologies of the digestive system.
You may also like – How much cholesterol in almonds?
Can I Drink Milk with High Cholesterol?
With an increased cholesterol index and with pathology diabetes mellitus, goat and cow dairy products can be consumed, but you need to know some rules for taking:
- In case of pathology type 2 diabetes mellitus, dairy products with a fat content of no more than 1.0% can be drunk per day no more than 300.0 milliliters.
- With hypercholesterolemia, low-fat dairy products can be drunk up to one liter per day, whole milk – no more than 200.0 milliliters.
- It is necessary to use dairy products for the first or second snack, with a hypocholesterol diet.
- You need to drink milk at lunchtime and in the evening, a drink drunk in the morning can provoke indigestion in the stomach.
- You cannot drink dairy products of different fat content on an empty stomach.
- Drinking milk after a meal can cause indigestion in the stomach or intestines.
- Milk contains phospholipids, which stop the absorption of cholesterol molecules by the intestines.
With a high cholesterol index, it is necessary to choose dairy products that are low-fat or low in fat, and also consume in moderate doses, because if you drink a lot of skim milk, then it can negatively affect the lipid balance in the body.