This issue has remained relevant for a very long time and is being discussed both in scientific circles and among ordinary people. For many, the exact answer to this question has not yet been found, and in this review, we tried to figure out how to wash your hair properly for women, men and even children.
Why Hair Gets Dirty Quickly?
First of all, it is worth figuring out what exactly is the reason that the hair quickly becomes oily and does not look well-groomed. The hair on the head quickly becomes oily due to the fact that the physiological work of the sebaceous glands, which are located directly on the scalp, is disrupted. The reason for the violation of physiological processes can be:
1. Hormonal disorders, which are often exposed to children in adolescence, women in menopause, during menstruation, during pregnancy and during other natural physiological processes.
2. Disorders of metabolism or metabolism. Such states often accompany a modern person in connection with his rhythm of life. Constant stress, heavy physical or mental stress, sleep disturbance, depression and many other pathological conditions can cause various disorders in the body, which cause malfunctioning of the sebaceous glands, as well as other organs and their systems.
3. Incorrect use of various products designed for styling or hair styling. Improperly selected and applied products can cause blockages of the sebaceous glands and, as a result, abundant separation of sebum. This is a kind of protective reaction of the body to external stimuli.
4. Seasonal changes. Scientists note that with frequent changes in ambient temperature, wind, and wearing hats made of synthetic materials, the hair becomes dirty much faster. In the summer, you may notice that the need to wash your hair occurs much less often.
5. Incorrectly selected hair care products. If possible, it is worth visiting a trichologist who will determine the type of your skin and assess its general condition, after which he will help you choose the remedies that will suit you.
If this is not possible, you must assess the condition of your hair yourself 12 and 24 hours after you wash your hair. If after 24 hours your hair looks oily and not well-groomed, then it is worth stating the fact that you have an oily hair type, and they require special care.
6. Wrong way of eating. Often, an abundant separation of sebum is a consequence of the fact that the “patient” eats a lot of smoked, salty, fried and fatty foods, which also contributes to metabolic disorders. This can ultimately lead to the fact that the hair is, on the contrary, too dry, the natural balance is disturbed, and changes such as dandruff or seborrhea occur.
Thus, answering the question how many times a week you need to wash your hair if your hair is oily is quite difficult, and often only an experienced specialist can do this task. After selecting an individual set of measures, you can count on the fact that if you follow a certain lifestyle, your hair can become healthier.
The most important thing is to listen to your own feelings. If your hair looks greasy and you are not satisfied with its appearance, this is a reason to wash your hair.
How often should you wash your hair so it grows faster and healthier?
We have already said that the number of hair washing procedures should be determined on an individual basis. For some, it is enough to wash their hair once a week, while others need 3-4 procedures to make their hair look good.
It should be borne in mind that quickly getting dirty hair is not a cosmetic defect, but, sometimes, a serious dermatological problem, the solution of which requires the intervention of qualified specialists. So, a trichologist can develop an individual set of measures that will lead to rapid hair growth, restoration and health.
As a rule, such a set of activities consists of:
- agreeing on the principles of healthy dietary nutrition;
- choosing the right care products that can only be compiled on an individual basis;
- visiting medical physiotherapeutic procedures (scalp massage, masks, darsonval, etc.);
- individual selection of hair styling products, taking into account their type and general condition;
- regular consultations with a specialist, etc.
Observing all the prescriptions of a specialist, you can achieve a good “therapeutic effect”, improve your health in general and reduce the frequency of hair cleansing procedures to a minimum. As a rule, after the hair is healthy, it will be necessary to wash it about 1-2 times a week. At the same time, your hair will pleasantly surprise you with its well-groomed appearance and real health.
Many of the products that marketers kindly provide us do not solve any problems with the health of the hair and scalp, but only mask the existing problems for a while, and sometimes they also harm the condition of the hair and scalp. For this reason, trichologists categorically do not recommend choosing care products following the “valuable” advice of marketers. The choice of hair cosmetics should be taken seriously, the composition of the product should be studied, and the shampoo should be chosen for your hair type.
How to Properly Wash Your Hair for The Whole Family?
Individual characteristics are the basis to be taken for granted. For example, washing your child’s hair with the products that you have chosen for yourself is strictly not recommended.
In children, metabolic and many other physiological processes have certain age characteristics. The work of the sebaceous glands can be disrupted due to hormonal processes that occur during adolescence.
There are general rules following which you can achieve healthy and beautiful hair:
1. Do not wash your hair with too hot water. As this can lead to dry skin and dandruff. The hair on the head should be washed with warm water, and if there is such an opportunity, do a contrast shower, gradually reducing the temperature of the water. This procedure will enhance the microcirculation of the scalp, speed up metabolic processes and give your hair real health and beauty.
2. Before applying, a small amount of hair wash must be lather well in the palms of your hands, and only then evenly apply to the hair, lather and rinse. How many times you need to soap your head is an individual question. For some, once is enough, but if the hair is poorly washed and remains greasy to the touch, then you can soap your head again, following the same rules.
3. Balms and conditioners are applied exclusively to the main part of the hair and ends, avoiding the root zone. You should not use weighting and too oily products. Modern fluids are perfect to give your hair health and shine.
4. As a rinse, many experts recommend using decoctions of medicinal herbs such as chamomile, calendula, nettle, linden and others. The combination of such decoctions has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the hair and scalp.
5. After consulting with a specialist, you can do a therapeutic peeling for hair once a week using cosmetics specially designed for this procedure.
Deep Cleansing Hair Shampoo
Professional cosmetic brands produce special shampoos for deep cleaning of hair, such a shampoo can be used once a month.
The fact is that many hair products contain silicones and other substances that are difficult to wash out of the hair completely, they accumulate and this can lead to hair fragility.
Regular shampoos may not always do the trick, especially if you are using mild sulfate-free shampoos. Therefore, for deep cleansing of hair and scalp, we recommend periodically using a special shampoo.
It should also be borne in mind that due to physiological characteristics, a man or a child needs to wash their hair, as a rule, much less often than women. This is easily explained by the special state of the hormonal background in women and the peculiarities of their anatomy and physiology.
In case of hair loss, it is necessary, in addition to the above procedures, to take vitamin and mineral complexes. This is also not a cosmetic problem, but a consequence of some rather serious violations.
Summing up, it is worth noting that the number of hair washing procedures should be determined individually, and it would be nice to seek the help of a qualified specialist.