Today’s topic is perfect bridal lip makeup. A wedding can rightfully be considered a kissing day from early morning until late at night.
First, the bride must kiss the stylist for a competent makeup and hairstyle, then kiss all her relatives on the way to the registry office. Finally, the cherished kiss with the groom – and again with relatives. It seems that lip makeup cannot withstand such an afterburner, but nothing is impossible in this life.
I will tell you how to choose the right lipstick color, change the shape of your lips with makeup and make it long-lasting.
Choosing A Lipstick Shade for Wedding
First of all, lipstick should be in harmony with the skin tone, color type, shade, style of the outfit, and the makeup theme in general.
Dark red, brown, coral, beige are ideal for red-haired girls with fair skin. These lipstick colors work well with warm-toned makeup such as golden brown eyeshadow and coral blush. Such shades are combined with an ascetic makeup: only mascara or shadows of neutral tones (beige, pearl, etc.) are used in eye makeup.
Redheads shouldn’t experiment with frankly orange and pink shades of lipsticks.
Pink, dark pink, plum, and light brown are a spectrum of colors for brown-haired and pale blond with white-pink skin, green, blue, or brown eyes.
Representatives of this spring type should avoid cold shades of lipstick – plum, cranberry, wine.
Classic scarlet, purple, fluorescent orange, and light pink are suitable for brunettes with gray, blue eyes, and fair skin. If you use lilac, scarlet, and orange shades of lipstick in your makeup, avoid pastel shades and eyeshadows with a red pigment in the base. But you can choose a blush of the same shade as lipstick; this combination will look very harmonious in makeup.
Such lipstick shades are categorically not suitable for wedding dresses with bright ornaments or ensembles of flashy colors.
Purple, red-orange, cherry, raspberry, acrid pink. These colors are suitable for summer-type girls – brunettes with an olive skin tone and gray-blue or light brown eyes. Stylists call these colors “hippie chic” – these are some of the most popular shades of lipsticks on the catwalks in the spring-summer 2012 season. Makeup with such lipstick colors should use bronzing powder and blush.
When choosing a lipstick for yourself, keep in mind that jokes with a purple tint are wrong, especially if your smile is by no means Hollywood and your teeth are slightly yellowish. Under the influence of a violet hue, the yellow color of the teeth becomes brighter and more noticeable, and this is not so aesthetically pleasing.
Bridal Lip Makeup According to Shape
Sometimes you want to deceive nature, make your lips larger or, conversely, smaller, or competently emphasize natural outlines. To make your dream come true, you don’t have to go to a specialist – you need to use little makeup tricks, depending on your lip shape.
If your lips are too large, there are several techniques to shrink them visually.
- With the help of concealer, foundation and powder, erase the natural contour of the lips, covering the entire surface. Next, take a lip liner that matches the color of the lipstick (it is better to use it in dark tones), draws a contour, departing 1-2 mm from the natural edge of the lips, blend the line.
- Use the play of light and shadow. Outline the lips with a contour pencil without touching the corners. Take lipsticks from the same spectrum of colors, but shades of different intensity, apply a light tone in the middle, a darker tone on the rest of the lips, and then add a drop of gloss to the center of the lips. It will visually make them thinner.
Narrow Lips (Small Mouth)
Visually, lipsticks always give volume and shine with a glossy, pearlescent texture, silicone oils, and metalized particles. They reflect light, making the lips appear fuller.
- You can also use the technique, as in the previous case: erase the contour and draw it with a pencil slightly higher than natural. It is best to use lipstick in light shades.
- In this case, you can also use the play of light and shadow. Apply a light contour pencil to the Cupid’s bow (in the shape of the hollow on the upper lip), and under the center of the lower lip, a dark contour pencil and blend it. Use lipstick in light shades; this contrast will create a three-dimensional visual volume.
- There are many lipsticks on the market that add volume to the lips. In their composition, they contain menthol, which helps to increase the volume. The effect of these products is short-term, and the lips regain their natural volume in an hour or two. They also cause tingling, cold, or tingling sensations that are sometimes uncomfortable.
Lowered Corners of The Mouth
- The upper lip should be cut in a natural contour, not reaching the corners of the mouth. Give the lower lip a trapezoid shape without bringing the pencil to the corner of the mouth. Fill in the outlined shape of the lips with a pencil. Then we apply lipstick. In this case, the priority is matte and satin lipsticks of bright colors.
- Another way to raise the corners of the mouth is to outline with a pencil slightly higher than natural. Then you need to apply a foundation or concealer to the outer corners of the mouth, then – lipstick and powder the skin around the lips.
The contour line, in this case, should run slightly above the natural line of the upper lip. Do not apply lipstick to the corners of your mouth.
One Lip is Bigger Than Other
Visually, this drawback can be easily eliminated if you use a contour pencil and several lipsticks that differ by 1-2 shades. Applying dark lipstick on a full lip and a light shade on a thin one is necessary.
Fuzzy Lip Contours
Take a nude or white pencil and draw a line over the natural outline. With a pencil that matches the lipstick color, draw a line just above the drawn outline, and apply the lipstick. It will create a sharper relief.
How to Make Lipstick Last Longer and Which Lipstick to Choose?
Long Lasting Lip Makeup
There are special techniques to prolong its life for lip makeup to withstand all the tests of kisses, food, and liquids.
Choose lipstick by texture. Amicably, you need to choose unique lipsticks that are stable in texture; remember that they dry your lips, so apply a balm before the makeup procedure. Bright lipsticks in saturated colors and gloss with pearlescent particles also last longer on the lips due to their structure. Moisturizing, nourishing lipsticks are less durable because they contain a lot of oils.
Prepare your lips for makeup. Exfoliate your lips lightly with a toothbrush soaked in water. If you have menthol paste, you can perform this ritual by applying the paste to your brush. This way, you will also add volume to your lips, if necessary. Then use a moisturizer or balm to your lips, and then apply lipstick. On the prepared well-groomed skin of the lips, lipstick and shine will lay down denser, smoother, and last longer.
Create a base for your lipstick. For the lipstick to stick to the lips, it must, in simple terms, be glued to them. It can be done by creating a quality base on the lips. Take a contour pencil a little lighter in color than lipstick, and cover the entire lip area with it, blend. Then apply lipstick, blot with a dry tissue, powder on lips, and use a finishing coat of lipstick. Such a base will keep the lip makeup alive for a long time.
You may also like to read: How to Use Lipstick Perfectly?
The Best Lipsticks for Kissing
We present to you our hit parade of lipsticks and lip products that will withstand any wedding test:
1. Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipstick
Despite the content of shea butter and apricot kernels in the lipstick, thanks to True Vision Technology, it stays firmly on the lips, moisturizes, and nourishes them like a balm. Colored crystalline polymers and lustrous pigments in the lipstick give the lips an ultra-shine and radiance, creating a three-dimensional volume. (You can buy it here – Amazon Product Link)
2. Glossy Full Couleur by Revlon
Lightweight and non-sticky in texture, the lip gloss gives them a mirror-like shine. The menthol included in the composition leaves a pleasant chill sensation on the lips and provides volume. And Mix Lip technology promotes collagen production and makes them smooth. (You can buy it here – Amazon Product Link)
3. Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick, Beso
The complex, like a balm, cares for the skin of the lips, gives them volume, and smoothes lip wrinkles. The beeswax, ceramides, tripeptides included in the moisturization prevent moisture loss in the skin and heal cracks. UV filters protect against sun damage. The complex can also be used as a base for lip makeup. (You can buy it here – Amazon Product Link)
4. Bobbi Brown Lip Shine
A long-lasting lipstick that moisturizes lips, giving them a glossy shine, antioxidants that prevent the formation of free radicals, and SPF 15 protects against harmful UVB radiation. Lipstick is suitable for hot summer. (You can buy it here – Amazon Product Link)
5. Flipstick Color Effect by MaxFactor
This reversible lipstick is made for shaping lip makeup. With it, you do not need a contour pencil, it may well act in this role, and two shades of lipstick from the same spectrum, but different intensities, will make it easy to perform all the techniques for giving the lips the desired shape. (You can buy it here – Amazon Product Link)
6. Rimmel Provocalips 16hr Kissproof Lipstick
It is a lipstick that lasts for 16 hours. If a woman uses it, she is not afraid of food or repeated kisses with her lover. The lipstick gives the lips a glossy shine and volume. It is effortless and straightforward to use. (You can buy it here – Amazon Product Link)