Today, I will tell you some pros and cons of lipstick. Many, talking about lipstick, say that it is entirely unhealthy for the skin of the lips. But you should not end using lipstick in advance because the quality and harmfulness depend only on the manufacturer’s company.
Pros of Lipstick
In the modern world, various companies for lipstick production do what they add to it all kinds of moisturizing and emollient substances. It is no way can badly affect the skin of the lips.
- Moisturizers contain various oils and waxes, which can prevent multiple flaking and cracks on the lips. A long-wearing lipstick is not that useful despite its soft, pleasant texture. Daily use will lead to severe dryness of the lips.
- Persistent lipstick can stay on the lips for more than a day since it contains a coloring pigment and esters. And when the ethers evaporate, only the same pigment remains.
- Hygienic lipstick is useful, no doubt about it. It contains all kinds of vitamins, as well as hypoallergenic substances. Using hygienic lipstick daily will only improve the structure of the skin on your lips.
- Hygienic lipstick can protect the skin of the lips from chapping, various inflammations, peeling, and cracking. Plus, it moisturizes the lips perfectly.
Cons of Lipstick:
Based on the sheer amount of lipstick testing, it’s easy to say that not all lipstick types are as helpful as you would like. Of course, first of all, it is worth giving up the cheap lipstick of a dubious brand. In an inexpensive lipstick, of course, the content of nutrients is at a minimum.
- To replace various healthy oils and vitamins, various toxic components are added to inexpensive lipstick, which, in turn, will become very noticeable over time.
- Variations that glow or sparkle most likely contain harmful components.
- Glittering is nothing more than a massive amount of poisons that will accelerate aging. In a more significant case, inflammation will appear after using lipstick of this category, and the affected skin will begin to itch.
You may also like to read: Pros and Cons of Matte Lipstick
What Other Harmful Components Can A Cheap Lipstick Contains?
- Carmine Dye. More used in the food industry, it contributes to the appearance of allergies.
- Lanolin. It is added to cosmetics for moisturizing, which leads to malfunctioning of the digestive tract if ingested in specific quantities.
- Vaseline. Safe, but not for people with skin sensitivities. With daily use of lipstick, which contains petroleum jelly, irritation and dryness of the lips may occur.
- Paraffin, Microcrystalline Wax. Do not leave the body but eventually lead to kidney damage.
- Hard Paraffin Wax. Part of the lipstick to keep its shape. When lipstick, which contains this substance, stains the teeth, then most often, this leads to the appearance of caries.
But do not be afraid of lipstick, because you need to study its components when buying it carefully.