Today’s topic is “pros and cons of matte lipstick.” Millions of beauties have already appreciated the durability, brightness, and convenience of matte lipsticks.
In our age of restrained tones and the rejection of everything flashy, such lipsticks are a real find for women. But as we all know, every coin has two sides. Let’s talk about the main pros and cons of matte lipsticks.
Pros of Matte Lipstick
Their set is excellent. At the very least, various cosmetic companies can inflate it ad infinitum. But I will focus on the main and unconditional:
- Matte lipstick cannot be smudged by accidentally touching it with your hand. It is one of its main advantages. The lady does not have to constantly look in the mirror and run to the toilet room to touch her lips.
- Lipstick is not smeared not only by hands but also by accidentally falling hair on them. Who is unfamiliar with the situation when an accidental gust of wind blows the curls, and some strands stick to the lips. Here, a lady is one hundred percent insured against such a thing. Cured matte lipstick is a priori, not sticky. Instead, it is precisely “dense” and “persistent.”
- Some lipsticks can stay on the lips for up to 6 hours. This plus is undeniable.
- Speaking about the density of matte lipstick, it is impossible not to emphasize that it is due to it that you can hide minor imperfections that lurk in your lips – for example, the same irregularities.
- Lipsticks, which add wax and powder to give them a matte finish, are also full of valuable nutrients and vitamins.
- These lipsticks look great with any outfit and are combined even with those with which shiny and catchy lipsticks initially clashed, for example, with ripped jeans or sneakers.
Cons of Matte Lipstick
Matte lipsticks also have a lot of disadvantages. Their lists are inflated by competitors and can be endless as well. But we will not fall into hysteria and will focus only on a couple of indisputable ones:
- Dry lips are one of the main disadvantages. The powder is a natural desiccant. And therefore, from wearing lipstick for a long time, the skin can dry out, especially in winter, dry, frosty weather. Some women practice applying matte lipsticks to their lips, covered with a layer of colorless lip balm. But not all lipsticks of this type resignedly fall on that. The lion’s share of them rolls down.
- Matte lipsticks set very quickly. Therefore, they have to be applied with a pencil. Otherwise, due to one careless movement, sometimes you have to redo the entire makeup.
Each lipstick has its place, time, and outfit. It will be my conclusion. It is clear that when going to work, it would be better to use matte lipstick. Going to a party – it all depends on the outfit, its style, etc. So, in terms of lipsticks, none of them is better or worse. Instead, it is necessary to say “which of them is more appropriate” at one time or another.
Well, about the pros and cons – both they have. And none of them is critical enough to only use matte or shiny lipstick because of it. So here, the choice is entirely yours and at your discretion. I recommend using Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick for best results and to preserve your lip skin.