In this article, we’ll discuss about speed up hair growth and what are the causes who prevent hair growth. Many ladies dream of growing beautiful and long hair. Not an unimportant question worries, but at what speed do they grow? Various methods and procedures are used to speed up the process. It may be enough to change your lifestyle to get the desired result.
On the head of each of us there are from 100 to 150 thousand hair follicles. Hair appears from them, then falls out. A follicle is a small sac that contains a hair root with sweat and sebaceous glands and blood vessels. Each pouch reproduces 27 hairs in a lifetime. The hair growth cycle is divided into three stages:
- Anagen. This is active hair growth, in which there is a continuous renewal and development of cells inside the follicle. The phase lasts 2–5 years. 85% of the hair on the head of a person is in this stage.
- Catagen. Cells begin to slowly renew themselves, and over time, the process stops. The hair follicle exfoliates from the root. The supply of nutrients and oxygen to the blood vessels is cut off. The phase lasts from one to three weeks. 1% of human hair is in this stage.
- Telogen. At this stage, cell renewal stops. The phase takes three months. During this time, the old hair falls out, and the new one enters the anagen period. 14% of human hair is in the process.
In women, hair grows on the head at a rate of 0.35–0.7 mm per day. They grow by 1–2 cm per month. Young ladies have up to 30 years average 2-5 cm per month. In men, they grow by 0.35 mm per month. For a month 1 centimeter.
The growth rate in each of us is genetically incorporated. Race affects speed. For Europeans they grow up to 2 cm per month, for Africans 0.3; in Asians, up to 2.5 cm. Much depends on age: from 15 to 30 years old hair grows quickly, after 35 years, growth slows down.
Diseases That Slow Down Hair Growth
- Failure in the hormonal system: thyroid disease, the use of hormonal drugs, pregnancy.
- Diseases in acute and chronic form.
- Impaired blood circulation, vasoconstriction.
- Unbalanced diet. Deficiency of trace elements and vitamins.
- Psoriasis, seborrhea, dermatitis.
- Weakened immunity.
- Nervous tension, stress.
- Ecology. Increased radiation levels, dirty air, poor quality water.
- Season of the year. Warm weather accelerates hair growth. Winter slows down the process.
- Thoughtless use of chemical procedures (dyeing, curling, bleaching)
- Improper care. Excess makeup clogs the pores of the skin. This leads to skin diseases of the head.
To increase the rate of hair growth, you need to take an integrated approach. Leading an active lifestyle, walking in the fresh air, playing sports, you strengthen the body. The accelerated metabolism, the flow of oxygen to the cells of the body has a beneficial effect on hair growth.
Trace Elements and Vitamins
The constant lack of vitamins in the body slows down hair growth. Therefore, you need to monitor the intake of necessary substances.
- Vitamins of group B. Delay hair loss, strengthen roots, stimulate growth.
- Vitamin A. Restores the structure of the follicle and restores hair.
- Vitamin C. Improves blood circulation.
- Trace elements: chromium, magnesium, iron, zinc, silicon, calcium and others.
You may also like to read: Vitamins for Hair Growth and Thickness: What Vitamins Accelerate Hair Growth?
Home Remedies to Speed Up Hair Growth
The composition of folk recipes for hair growth includes burning ingredients. They irritate the follicles and stimulate hair growth. Such drugs are used only for oily hair and scalp.
- Pepper Tincture. Can be purchased at the pharmacy. Red pepper tincture. It is rubbed into the hair roots, the head is insulated with a cap, the composition is kept for 20-30 minutes, then washed off.
- Mustard Mask. Take 1 tbsp. a spoonful of dry mustard, diluted with boiled water until smooth and allowed to swell. In the resulting composition, add the yolk and vegetable oil. The drug is applied to the hair roots and covered with plastic wrap. Keep it for at least an hour, then wash your hair several times.
- Garlic Tincture. Peel the head of garlic, separate the cloves and chop, pour 400 ml of brandy. Let it brew for 10 days. The tincture is filtered and rubbed into the scalp.
For accelerated hair growth, you need to properly care for them. Experts recommend observing the correct diet and sleep patterns, avoiding stress and bad habits if possible.