Spring is a wonderful time, a time of renewal, flowering, warmth and sun! And, of course, in the spring you want to look well-groomed and sophisticated, you can finally take off your hat and show the world your chic curls, but what if after winter your hair does not look so chic?
Winter is a real stress for our hair, a sudden change in temperature, lack of vitamins, dry air, constant wearing of a headdress makes our hair weak, dull and brittle.
Often, after the winter season, hair begins to fall out, this is due to a number of reasons, firstly, the lack of essential trace elements, and secondly, the hair follicles are weakened due to hats, although rejection of them will affect even worse.
What to do and how to properly care for your hair in spring?
Spring Hair Care – Where to Start?
It is necessary to approach hair care in spring comprehensively, because it is a reflection of our health in general. There are three main ingredients that are essential for healthy hair:
1. Nutrition. Nutrition is the most important component of healthy hair, and spring is the time to add vitamins to your diet. Also, don’t forget about foods such as legumes, fish, vegetables, fruits, nuts. They are literally responsible for the construction of the hair. Also, take care of improving digestion, engage in the elimination of toxins and toxins, introduce porridge into the diet, give up spicy and fatty foods.
2. Vitamins. Unfortunately, our hair does not always have enough vitamins from food, so in the spring it is better to drink a course of vitamins, especially now there are excellent vitamin complexes that will support your hair during the difficult off-season period. Please note that the vitamin complex contains Biotin, B vitamins, vitamin E, iron, zinc, calcium.
3. External hair care. This includes proper shampooing and care with masks. Hair care can be divided into two categories:
- professional care (shampoo, balm, mask). Popular treatments include hair botox or keratin restoration.
- home care (oils, home masks, massage, aroma combing).
While everything is clear with the first two points, there are often many questions regarding hair care. Let’s take a closer look at this.
How to Properly Wash Your Hair in Spring?
Of course, shampooing should be correct at any time of the year, but in the spring you can add a few life hacks that will help restore your hair.
1. Cool water. Shampooing is best done with warm water and rinsed with cool water. The cool water closes the pores, stimulates blood flow, and smoothes the hair scales.
2. Don’t use harsh shampoo. It is best to use an organic shampoo, it gently cleanses the hair without upsetting the balance.
3. Be sure to use a hair mask. Since the hair is weakened in spring, it needs high-quality nourishment, for this you need to use a high-quality nourishing or moisturizing mask. It can be kept on the hair longer for better effect.
4. Never use a towel to dry your hair. Already weakened hair breaks and splits, and friction with a towel will only aggravate this process. It is better to wait until it dries naturally and only slightly dry your hair with warm or cold (but not hot!) Air.
Hair Cosmetics – What to Choose?
Nowadays, the counters are replete with various hair products, but how to choose exactly what you need and not collect unnecessary tubes?
So, what you really need to pay attention to:
1. Indelible two-phase hair care product. Dry hair will thank you if you pamper it with a leave-in moisturizer. It is used on slightly damp or dry hair, makes it easier to detangle and moisturizes the hair. In the spring you can buy products with a UV filter.
2. Thermal protection. Good thermal protection can save your hair, especially if you are a fan of ironing, curling irons and hair dryers. Moreover, the choice of thermal protection must be approached very responsibly.
3. Hair oil. Of course, you can only call it oil conditionally. In fact, it is a product with silicones that can instantly transform hair. In addition to a temporary aesthetic function, such oils have a protective function.
The most popular hair oils are Kerastase, L’Oreal Mythic oil, Wella Reflections oil and Moroccanoil.
Home Hair Care
How can we help our hairs at home? Let’s take a look at a few particularly effective procedures.
1. Head massage. One of the simplest procedures that we can carry out on our own at home, besides, it is free, and the effect from it can exceed expectations. And if you massage with hair oils, then it will even be therapeutic. Simply dip your fingertips in your favorite base oil and apply it to your head in a circular motion.
2. Aroma combing is also a fairly simple procedure. Apply a couple of drops of essential oil on a wooden comb and comb the hair in different directions. For example, the following oils are effective against hair loss: Rosemary, tea tree, rosewood, calamus, petitgrain, coriander, verbena, bay, ylang-ylang.
3. Oil wraps and masks. When used regularly, these treatments can restore your hair in the spring, giving it shine and smoothness. We will consider them in more detail.
Oil Wrap for Hair
Oil wrap is a real vitamin bomb, this is exactly what our hair lacks in spring. Any base oils are suitable for wrapping, you should choose it depending on what problem you want to solve, or even mix a few and make a vitamin cocktail.
The choice of oils is yours, and I will just tell you how to do it correctly.
1. Mix your chosen oils and heat in a water bath. Do not heat oils too much, as this can affect their beneficial properties. For my wrap, I chose olive oil, avocado oil, and hemp oil.
2. Apply liberally to hair and scalp, each strand, each hair should be saturated with oil. Also, don’t forget about the scalp.
3. After the hair is completely in the oil, cover the head with polyethylene.
4. Then you have several options:
- just wrap your head in a warm towel to create a bath effect.
- preheat a towel on the radiator (instead, you can, for example, wrap a hot pot with it) and then wrap your head. Such a move will allow the hair scales to open more and the oils will penetrate deeper into the structure.
- after you have wrapped your hair with a towel, warm it up with a hairdryer.
Such a wrap in a short time will help transform your hair and you will shine this spring!
Spring Hair Masks
Homemade hair masks are an excellent prevention of any hair problems. In the spring, I prefer several proven masks that help to cope with the main problems, namely: fragility, dryness, dullness.
You don’t need to think that homemade masks are necessarily long, tedious and difficult, for example, I prefer simple and quick recipes;).
Moisturizing Mask with Kefir
I will not talk again about how fermented milk products moisturize our hair, the leader in this category is of course yogurt, but ordinary kefir will do.
We take half a glass of warm kefir and add a tablespoon of oil to it (you can choose the oil at your discretion; I have coconut oil). I also add a couple of drops of ylang-ylang oil and mix thoroughly. We quickly saturate our hair with a cocktail and warm our head with a bag and a towel. After half an hour, you can wash off the mask and rinse your hair with water and lemon juice.
Vitamin Mask with Yolk
The yolk is a storehouse of useful components, and in combination with oils, a super remedy is obtained!
Again, the mask recipe is quick and easy, whisk one yolk and add some of your favorite base oils, I like to add jojoba oil. We apply the mask to the hair; you can step back from the roots 5-7 cm to make it easier to wash off and leave for 30-60 minutes.
Hair Loss Mask with Oils
Also, in your arsenal should be at least one favorite mask that aims to reduce hair loss. I love an oil mask because it is easy to apply and quick to make. Also, this mask stimulates the growth of new hair, awakens dormant bulbs.
1 tablespoon burdock oil, 0.5 tablespoon castor oil, 1 tablespoon olive oil and bay essential oil. (5-7 drops). We mix all the oils and apply in a circular motion to the scalp; the effect of the mask will be even better from the massage.
I will make a reservation right away that home remedies help only with REGULAR use, you should not expect that after the first time the hair will immediately stop falling out.
That’s all spring care! I hope you enjoyed the article; I wish you all wonderful, long and healthy hair.