Today we’ll discuss about vitamins for hair growth and thickness in this article. The first sign that your hair needs protection and support, as well as vitamins to stimulate hair growth, is the onset of profuse hair loss.
The Most Common Causes of Hair Loss
- Lack of protein in the human diet;
- Increased testosterone levels;
- The body’s susceptibility to chronic stress;
- Deficiency of minerals and vitamins;
- The presence of skin inflammation;
- The occurrence of hormonal changes in the body after the birth of a child.
Unfortunately, these are not all the reasons why hair loss can occur. There are a number of others, after seeing which you will be able to understand that it is time to start taking a drug that accelerates the growth of hair on the head:
- Hair begins to get very tangled and badly combed, and even specialized nourishing, moisturizing balms and masks cannot change the situation for the better.
- Curls have lost their own shine and become matte.
- The oily content of your hair has increased significantly, and therefore you very often have to wash your hair. It is worth noting that more often than not, increased oily hair indicates that the work of the sebaceous glands is impaired.
- Hair practically does not lend itself to styling, even if special means are used for this.
- Hair began to split and became very brittle.
In the event that you have at least one of the above problems, then this means that it is time to act and start taking vitamins to stimulate hair growth. After all, vitamins will help you restore beauty and health to your hair.
Vitamins for Hair Growth and Thickness
Vitamin preparations and complexes will help you improve the health and beauty of your hair, as well as saturate them with vitamins and microelements. Later in this article, we will tell you which vitamins are needed for hair growth and thickness:
- Vitamin A. Vitamin A contributes to the rapid restoration of the skin and hair follicles, and also prevents peeling.
- Vitamin C. This vitamin increases the level of iron metabolism in the body, has a positive effect on the condition of the skin, and also strengthens the walls of blood vessels.
- Vitamin B5. After taking this vitamin, the body starts the process of restoring damaged and split ends. Also, the abundance of this vitamin in the human body reduces the risk of gray hair.
- Vitamin B6. Promotes the normalization of the nervous system and is responsible for protecting the human body from stress. Also, this vitamin has a positive effect on hair, scalp and nail plates.
- Biotin. Normalizes metabolism in the human body, as well as in the hair.
- Zinc. Acts as a useful substance that promotes the rapid assimilation of vitamin A.
- Selenium. Increases the protection of the human body from stress.
- Copper. Increases the supply of oxygen to the cells of the body, is responsible for strengthening blood vessels, and also reduces the risk of gray hair.
- Manganese. Promotes rapid lipid and oxygen metabolism in the body, and also accelerates the body’s production of melanin, which directly affects the color range of hair.
- Inositol. It has a beneficial effect on the immune system, increases the efficiency of the brain, strengthens memory. Also, this substance helps to strengthen and moisturize hair, preventing dryness and hair loss.
What Vitamins to Use for Hair Growth and Thickness?
It is desirable that the required amount of vitamins and minerals enter the human body during meals, but what to do when it comes time for vitamin deficiency? What vitamins should be taken to accelerate scalp hair growth during this period? Modern medicine offers consumers a large number of various vitamins and vitamin complexes, which can be easily purchased at a pharmacy. Having decided to buy vitamins for the growth and protection of your own hair, you should understand that they can be in tablets, capsules and injections. And each form of release has its own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages.
You may also like to read: Professional Hair Care Tips for Girls & Some Interesting Hair Growth Facts
Vitamins for hair growth and thickness in tablets, as a rule, are whole vitamin complexes that combine several different substances. At the same time, when buying such a vitamin complex, you should remember that not all vitamins are compatible with each other. And therefore, in order for your hair after taking vitamins in tablets to receive the vitamins and microelements it needs, you should know the rules of compatibility:
- Vitamins C and E are well suited to vitamin A.
- Vitamin B2 has an excellent combination with vitamins B3, B6, B9, B3. It can also be combined with vitamins of group H.
- Vitamin B5 should be combined with ascorbic acid or substances of group B.
- Ascorbic acid is perfectly combined with vitamins A, E, B5, B9.
- B7 can be mixed with zinc, folic acid or E vitamins.
- D is perfectly absorbed together with phosphorus and selenium.
- E is excellently combined with vitamin C, and is also absorbed more quickly when interacting with selenium.
- Vitamins K should be combined with calcium or vitamin B6.
You may also like to read: How to Make Your Hair Thicker?
Vitamins and Pills That Accelerate Hair Growth: Rules for Taking
Tablets and vitamin complexes designed for hair growth and support, like any medications, have specific uses. It is worth noting that these features can differ significantly for different hair vitamins, but they also have a number of general rules:
- Vitamin tablets are best taken before lunch.
- Vitamins belonging to group B, for better assimilation by the body, should be consumed in the evening or just before bedtime, as they will also have a calming effect on your body.
- Preparations containing several different substances in their own composition are best used exactly as prescribed in the instructions. Most often, it is recommended to take one tablet in the morning and another in the evening.
- Vitamins should not be taken with tea, coffee, alcohol or soda. It is worth remembering that plain water is the best option for drinking vitamins.
- Vitamins for nail and hair growth should not be consumed on an empty stomach. The best option for taking these vitamins is with or immediately after meals.
- While taking vitamins, it is recommended to drink plenty of water, as this will help maintain the correct balance of water-soluble vitamins in the body. If you consume little water, hypervitaminosis in the body is quite possible.
- The standard term for taking vitamin complexes is one month. In some cases, taking vitamins can be extended by three months, but this should be done under the supervision of a doctor.